Give me a call now at:
Summary of Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences in the Systems research field
- Financial and trading systems experience and knowledge of financial institutions business and operation. Basel accord business knowledge.
- Outstanding problem solver, IT Expert with rich experience and exposure in all possible fields of software development under many different hardware platforms and operating systems, super energetic individual and extremely quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- There is no task related to computers I cannot do
- Ability to develop solutions for any problems, both independently and as part of a team
- Extensive experience with business applications programming and deep understanding of popular RDBMS systems
- 22 years of experience architecting software products utilizing Object Oriented Design approach
- Knowledge of all levels of programming from the low level hardware to the highest level application server’s architecture.
- Wide theoretical and algorithmic knowledge with lots of practical applications in diverse fields.
- Knowledge of Application server and J2EE architecture.
- Detailed knowledge of various aspects of network programming in most application layer TCP/IP protocols programming for Berkeley Sockets® including connection (TCP/IP, SMTP, etc) and connectionless (UDP, SNMP, MPVM, PVM) oriented.
- Broad UNIX platforms exposure (Sun, AIX, LINUX)
- Experience managing teams of developers
F Key Solutions Inc (Oct 2008 – Now)
Solution Architect / Senior Software developer
- Working on project architecture, software requirements, hardware infrastructure, database schema, deployment procedures and scheduling for different companies
- Prepared project time lines and task list for design and development cycles
- Provide support to technical / development team throughout the software development life cycle and implementation phases to ensure client’s requirements are completely fulfilled
- Integrated multiple third party packages and our development into one working solution, saving time and money to the client
- Designed 8 off the shelf products myself. All products went from zero to complete programs with web sites, installation, help and video tutorials.
- I market them online to produce very healthy passive income.
- Participated in multiple time critical projects as a telecommute software engineer
- Worked with outsourcing teams in multiple countries to coordinate timed delivery of projects
- Examples include:
- Credit card charging gateways and smart fraud checking solutions (PHP)
- Mass SMS solutions for marketing (C#)
- 1shopping cart extensions for CRM and event based marketing. Moving people between prospects, potentials, clients and fans in a completely automated way using mailing email marketing (PHP)
- Sophisticated mail client that can reply only pre-canned email messages pre-approved by legal departments (C#, SQL Server, .NET)
- Tools used: C#, .NET, Java, J2ee, PHP , DB2, UML, Hibernate, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), object model
TD Securities (Nov 2006 – Oct 2008)
Calypso and position engine software developer
- Helping integrate “Calypso” trading platform into current TD Securities Fixed Income trading system as part of fixed income group.
- Working with vendor (www.calypso.com) to overcome bugs and design new solutions using Java.
- Helping the team integrate new reporting engine Jasper Reports (http://www.jaspersoft.com).
- Designing and implementing framework for server deployment of multiple Calypso environments for different departments using Java Ant and UNIX shell script.
- Integrating TRAX (http://www.trax2.org/) settlement system and SWIFT alliance (http://www.swift.com) feed using TD Securities infrastructure.
- Working on design and development of Position engine for calculating and displaying real time positions from real time stock exchange feeds: ITS, TBF, ISM daily upload, US drops.
- Converting positions to FIXML protocol and storing them into DB2 database for later processing
- Sending real time position changes to traders using Tibco Rendezvous bus
CIBC (Oct 2002 – Dec 2005)
Risk Management and Basel compliance software developer
- Working in Treasury Balance Sheet and Risk Management (TBRM) department on delivering several projects for Basel accord compliance. The projects are:
- Creating the system for gathering and processing data from various financial systems into one coherent view and presenting the information to the user. Integrating multiple parts of the system (ETL, Scheduling, Reporting and Presentation). (Java, J2EE, Weblogic, Informatica ETL, Perl, TIDAL, PL/SQL).
- Design and development of delivery system for feeds from multiple sources in Visual Basic (that was a business requirement) and implementing it in production (VB, TSQL).
- Design and development of system for producing Informatica mappings from the column definition file (Java, Velocity, XML, PL/SQL).
- Creating complex mappings in Informatica for data processing for the data warehouse (Informatica, PL/SQL)
Bank of Montreal (May 2002 – Oct 2002)
Risk Management and Basel compliance software developer
- Working on the Treasury Credit risk and New Integrated Value at Risk systems
- Creating the back testing system for verification of VAR calculation accuracy (C++, Sun)
- Integrating Back Test into the risk management system (C++, Sun)
- Implementing the Commodity intraday VAR calculator (Java, C++, Korn shell, Perl)
- Creating Mark to Market calculator for interest rate deals (C++, Java)
- Recreating the netting engine for the commodities valuation (C++)
TD Securities (June 2001 – May 2002)
Fixed Income Software Team Lead
- Integrating Decision Software Trading System (DSTS) into the trading desks for REPO, Bond (buy/sell), Government of Canada and Provincial bills trading (C++, Java, TIBCO Rendezvous, Perl, IBM MQ Series uplink with AS/400, Actuate Reporting software, XML, Sybase)
- Creating Position, P&L and trades reconciliation system to synchronize and check the positions on different, linked systems (Perl, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, Sybase)
- Linking all aspects of trading (price, yield, trade and security information) with major market trading and information services such as Bloomberg and Reuters, as well as with TD Securities internal trading systems (C++, Java, Perl, TIBCO Rendezvous, XML)
- Creating a link between DSTS and CanDeal Government of Canada trading system (C++, Java, XML)
- Managing teams of consultants to work on the internal Web enabled application for General Ledger postings (C++, Java, IBM Websphere, J2EE, XML, Sybase, Crystal Reports)
- Supporting the Bond Desk link (TD Waterhouse bond trading system) to internal trading, security inventory and offerings systems (Java, IBM MQ Series uplink to AS/400)
Arkipelago (January 2001 – June 2001)
- Supervising a team of 24 people on the mainstream product of the company
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing, engineering and architecture of the product
- The product is developed in Visual C++ and Visual Basic using MFC and ATL with COM interface in a 3 tier architecture
- Developing a GUI interface for the product using Visual Basic and Visual C++.
- RDBMS’s with native access supported: Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Access
FloNetwork (acquired by Double Click, which then was acquired by Google) (August 1999 – January 2001)
- Supervising the software development teams on reporting project, which utilizes Web and RDBMS technologies to present all traceable information available in the system?
- Managing and coordinating teams of developers to meet the objectives and deadlines of the project in order to produce the needed deliverables
- Designing a complete 3-tier reporting system from ground up using Visual C++ and STL in the e-mail by permission proprietary system.
- Creating a proprietary data replication and data transformation engine using Visual C++ utilizing SQL Server’s Bulk Copy.
Nortel Networks (April 1999 – August 1999)
- Symposium Customer Care Software (SCCS) Development, Nortel’s Flagship call center automation product.
- Developing Telephony Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and smart telephony agent call routing software
- Working on a low level standardized link between the Meridian / DS-100 telephony switch and the rest of the Call Center software package
N.C.C. LTD (Acquired by ELRON) (February 1997 – April 1999)
Senior software developer
- Managing a statewide Internet on demand connectivity project.
- Supervising a team of developers and writing accompanying software documentation
- Developing AI kernel for Model Based Reasoning Expert System in C++ under Microsoft® Windows NT and Digital UNIX
- Automatic Fault Finding and Event Correlation applications development
- Cellular networking applications design using Sun® C++
- Working with various TCP/IP application protocols in C++
Lanoptics LTD, RAFAEL and various software contracts (1990 – Feb 1997)
- Developing SNMP applications to control network Devices using Microsoft® Visual C++ and SNMP++ package
- Designing GUI for the NMS applications using Microsoft® Visual C++ and MFC
- Designing proprietary MIB using ASN.1 language
- Writing a compiler for ASN.1 language subset
- Developing Database oriented GUI
- Developing core of the standard library program for Neural Network in C and C++
Haifa University (1991 – 1998)
B.Sc and M.S. Computer Sciences and Mathematics
Graduated with honors